Esma Issues Updated Q&A In Relation To Investor Protection Subject To MiFID II
ESMA has published an enhanced Q&A in relation to the implementation of investor protection topics under the MiFID II and MiFIR.
The new Q&As cover the topics of client categorization, post-sale reporting, recording of telephone conversations and electronic communications, best execution, and information on costs and charges.
The overall MiFID II Q&A provides clarification on the following topics:
- Best execution;
- Suitability and appropriateness;
- Recording of telephone conversations and electronic communications;
- Post-sale reporting;
- Record keeping;
- Investment advice on an independent basis;
- Inducements (research);
- Information on charges and costs;
- Underwriting and placement of a financial instrument; and
- Client categorization
The document can be accessed here:
Should you have any queries or comments regarding the above, kindly contact us at email@example.com