firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +3188.8.131.52.85
Corporate and Banking Law, Investments,Real Estate, Joint Ventures, Immigration
Bachelor in Law (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece), MA in Management (University of Wolverhampton Business School, UK), Public Relations (EDI/LCCΙ Higher)
Eleni Drakou is a member of the Cyprus Bar Association and the Nicosia Bar Association. She has obtained a Law Degree from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece and a Master’s Degree in Management (MA) from the University of Wolverhampton Business School in the United Kingdom.
Eleni joined our firm’s corporate department in April 2013. She has worked at the firm’s international offices in Greece, first in Athens and later on in Thessaloniki. She was heading the firm’s office in Thessaloniki prior to her current position.
She is now based at the Limassol office in Cyprus where she works with international clients and corporations. She specialises in Cyprus Immigration and Immovable Property law. She provides assistance to investors for the obtaining of the Cypriot Citizenship and the Residence Permit. She also advises clients in real estate matters and she focuses on property purchase and conveyancing.
Eleni has experience in the professional services sector and assists clients in corporate and banking issues and transactions. She often represents clients in private and public agreements and joint ventures. Her practice focuses on strategic planning for business growth in Cyprus and internationally.
Prior to joining Michael Kyprianou & Co. LLC Eleni had completed her one year legal training at the Law Office of the Attorney General in Cyprus. She dealt with cases of European Law and appeared before the Cyprus Supreme Court. She later on worked for a small law firm in Nicosia. Right after that she relocated to Copenhagen in Denmark to work for the Cyprus Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a Legal Adviser for the Cypriot team of COMAR (the Working Party for the Law of the Sea) during the 6-month Cyprus Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Eleni is a member of the European organization “Just One”, a network of commercially oriented lawyers.
She advises clients in Greek and English.
- The Republic of Cyprus Integrated Casino Resort (August 2015);
- Cyprus – a straightforward route to EU citizenship (May 2015);
- Foreign Direct Investment in Cyprus: Protection and Investment Trends (July 2014);
- International Conference InvestPro UAE held at Dubai (November 2015)
- “International Business Development and Promotion for Service Companies” organised by the Cyprus International Institute of Management (July 2015);
- International Conference Intax Expo Russia 2015 held at Moscow (June 2015);
- “Shipping Finance, Access to the 2014 Sources of Finance” organised by the Institute of Maritime & Economics Studies (March 2014);
- “The effects of the Cyprus financial crisis on contracts and arbitration” organised by the Cyprus Eurasia Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Center (CEDRAC) and the School of International Arbitration of Queen Mary, University of London (February 2014);
- “Energy & the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ): Economic, Legal and Political Implications” organised by the Law School of Neapolis University Pafos, the Limassol Bar Association and the Limassol Chamber of Commerce & Industry (January 2013);
- “Cultural Diplomacy and International Relations” organised by the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin, Germany (October 2012).
Eleni is a founding member of the non-profit organisation "PlanBe" in Cyprus for the personal and professional development of young people. She was the Project Coordinator and Representative of Cyprus for the European project “Enter!”, organised by the Council of Europe in regards to the access of youth to Social Rights (March 2013 –February 2014). She has represented Cyprus in Youth in Action exchanges within the EU offered by the European Commission.